CAUSES & SYMPTOMS OF KNEE PAIN
- Inflammation of the small sacs of fluid that cushion and lubricate the knee.
- Inflammation of the tendons or small tears in the tendons.
- Thickening or folding of the knee ligaments.
- Pain in the front of the knee from overuse, injury, excess weight, or problems in the kneecap.
- Irritation and inflammation of the band of fibrous tissue that runs down the outside of the thigh.
- Problems not directly related to an injury or overuse may occur in or around the knee.
- Osteoarthritis may cause knee pain that is worse in the morning and improves during the day. It often develops at the site of a previous injury. Other types of arthritis, such as rheumatoid arthritis, gout, and lupus, also can cause knee pain, swelling, and stiffness.
- Osgood-Schlatter disease causes pain, swelling, and tenderness in the front of the knee below the kneecap. It is especially common in boys ages 11 to 15.
- A popliteal (or Baker’s) cyst causes swelling in the back of the knee.
- Infection in the skin, joint, bone, or bursa can cause pain and decreased knee movement.
- A problem elsewhere in the body, such as a pinched nerve or a problem in the hip, can sometimes cause knee pain.
- Osteochondritis dissecans causes pain and decreased movement when a piece of bone or cartilage or both inside the knee joint loses blood supply and dies.
Yes, Cupping (Hijama) can treat these problems.
For most people cupping therapy is a really great experience. There are countless health benefits for cupping. Also, it can be a very relaxing and relieving experience.
If you are interested in Cupping therapy, Aquil’s Hijama Center is a great place to have your first experience. We offer customized Hijama Cupping therapy for men and women across Kolkata. Our values include professionalism, holistic treatment, empowering individuals, and making self-care a priority. You will be given a cupping therapy treatment that is specific to your needs. Call to schedule an appointment.